Tesla CEO Elon Musk just took the stage in California to announce details for Tesla’s Model 3, the company’s first mid-size high volume vehicle.
Here’s what we know:
– It will have a minimum of 345km range, even in base model form.
– It will go from 0-100km/h in less than 6 seconds in base model form, and even faster as you move up the range.
– It comfortably fits five adults.
– The windscreen pane extends across the roof like the Model X.
– There’s a new touchscreen centre console that extends horizontally rather than vertically like in the Model S and Model X.
– All models will come standard with Autopilot, Tesla’s semi-autonomous driving features.
– It’s priced at $US35,000 which means it will likely start at $60,000 in Australia, once you factor in currency conversion, tax and shipping costs.
– Tesla is repurposing “almost no parts” from the Model S or Model X.
– There have been over 115,000 pre-orders in the first 24 hours alone.
More to come.
Follow Business Insider Australia on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn